FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United E+ access a thing of the past?
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:19 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
That is exactly what I posted above and what the Global Services agent told me they are now doing. Thankfully she was able to get me my E+ seats back.

My new philosophy for flying US or UA is if the fare for a QUP fare is less than 3x the econ fare, I may go that route and take the 300% mileage for less than the cost of 3 econ fares. I don't need to fly them that often and when I do, I want max mileage... sometimes it may be worth it to pay a bit more.
^^ .... More mileage for fewer runs.

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Just completed HKG-SIN return for the weekend on a cheapie ticket which I had not got around to getting seat assignments for. Asked for E+ at check-in in HKG and got it no questions asked, but at SIN this morning they told me it was only on a paid-for "upgrade" basis for non UA1K's. The E+ thing was really the only reason I ever used UA in Y so I think that's the last they'll see of me for a while.
Along the same lines as above:

The E+/preferred seating benefit of being a *Gold flying UA got me on UA planes more than it would otherwise. Take away this benefit, and UA loses a bit of its edge and then some when it comes to my decision-making too.