FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: IC Al Ain Resort, United Arab Emirates (now Danat Resort Al Ain)
Old Oct 14, 2006, 1:53 pm
ballogie

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
We arrived at Al Ain off the 6.30am flight from BNE at about 8am ( once the Emirates driver found the Hotel !) and checked in no bother. Got a great upgrade to a deluxe suite on the 8th floor. Went for breakfast and then had a snooze and then had a swim in the pool and a sauna. Likewise the Italian is very nice. Took a taxi ride to the top of the mountain ( 3000ft up ) Had a smoke in the car park and then checked out the Al Ain mall. Saw a really bad car accident in Al Ain ( several dead ) Avoid any attempts to get you to go the Camel market cause it's a scam, don't say you weren't warned
Took a Taxi back to DXB cost 275AED at 100mph !! But it was a big Merc Estate so I felt quite safe. Had a problem getting my points but an email to PC got me 1000EK miles and 500 points for a one night stay that cost 300AED

BARGAIN