FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: IC Al Ain Resort, United Arab Emirates (now Danat Resort Al Ain)
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:27 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Sorry, I can't provide the RA experience, either, but overall the hotel exceeded my expectations. I expected it to be dumpy; like you, I paid a very low rate (something like AED 400). The rooms were nice, with balcony, and typical mediocre IC bathroom.

I had a great dinner at the Italian restaurant. It is very modern, stylish, and with good food and outstanding service. Seems out of place there, but, if you like that sort of thing, then I would recommend it. It seems like it converts to a club later, although I did not partake of that.

I don't know how familiar you are with the area, but if you're looking for another side trip from Dubai, you might try the CP in Abu Dhabi. It's not quite as nice as the one in Dubai, but right in the center of town, and about the same distance (and taxi cost) from Dubai. It has pretty nice suites and a good executive lounge. (The IC in Abu Dhabi is scheduled to re-open in November, I think.)