FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Blue Cash
Thread: Amex Blue Cash
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:02 am
oceantoocean

Programs: AA, Silver SkyMiles, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hertz Gold
Amex Blue Cash

I've always been a person that refused to pay a (Fee) to own credit card. So, I've only owned (No Fee) cards that paid cash back. When Amex Blue Cash card came made its way out, I reviewed all my Cash Back cards and decided the Blue Cash card would be a nice addition. I normaly spend over 6 figures on my credit cards each year and becan using the Amex card for almost all of my purchaes.

The advantage of the Blue card that I noticed over my other cards where.

- No Fee
- 1.5% and 5.0% cash back (after 1 year)
- No cap on spending (Amex new Benifit)

The disadvantages I noticed where.

- You had to wait a year to recieve your Cash Rebate

I noticed on my Amex Blue site that they had a option to sign up for Membership Rewards. It showed and link that I was to click to see if the Blue Cash card was eligible. The site said that it was. I went on to search the site to understand if this was an extra benifit for Blue Cash or if I was giving up the cash back option and found no answers. I called the CSR (Got someone from India) and he also did not know. He but me on hold and told me that my card was not an option for that service. Since I was talking to India, I just told him thanks and hung up. I got a feeling that he did not know the services very well.

I have been searching this forum and can't find much on the Amex Blue Cash Card? I kind of thought this card was the ulitmate card to have in terms of cash back, but noticed that it seems like almost everyone has (Fee Based) credit cards. Have I been missing out on something ? should I get another card? I Currently I own the following cards.

Amex Blue Cash
Citi Divid Master Card -(Platnium Select)
Discover Card (Platnium Cash Back)
Charles Schwab (Platinium Check Card)

Thanks

Last edited by oceantoocean; Oct 14, 2006 at 7:08 am