FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EUAs are nice but I feel CO should do more
Old Oct 12, 2006, 4:08 pm
CO 1E
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Not trying to be a wise-..., just not sure I really agree with your point. Yes, I suppose a thank you note would be nice but isnt that what free upgrades are for? Or being able to board early? Or having a special number to call to make/change reservations? Arent the perks of being elite a way of saying thanks for flying with us so often?
Precisely. They offer elite benefits so that they don't have to deal with the logistics of writing letters or making other gestures.

My sense is that if CO instituted a program that automatically emailed or sent letters to customers when they crossed certain mileage thresholds, like 100k EQM, 150k EQM, etc., people would start complaining that they received impersonal form letters from CO.

I'd rather have E+, nicer coach seats, or the middle seat next to me in coach blocked instead of a thank you letter. YMMV.