FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United E+ access a thing of the past?
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:53 am
rangerss75

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Bad news, I think.

I have an itinerary of five United sectors starting in just over a week's time. Economy Plus was available on three of them and seats were allocated to me before the change of policy.

A week ago India phoned me to say that one of my flights had been retimed (which was a strange way of saying cancelled) and given both a new flight number and operator (United Express). A regional jet also replaces the Airbus of the original flight. Another was adjusted by two minutes. I asked about my pre-allocated seat on the "retimed" flight and was told it was still 6A on the new aircraft. No e-mail confirmation arrived.

I have just phoned India and asked again for the e-mail confirmation, which arrived immediately. The aircraft for flight which had only been adjusted by a couple of minutes is now one which has Economy Plus - and my seat is firmly not in it. On the first two sectors (both main-line jets with Economy Plus) my seat allocation has disappeared.

I don't really know what to do. If I phone and ask for seats on the first two sectors (LAX-DEN and DEN-AUS) I shall certainly not be given E+. But if I do nothing and the intially allocated seats have now been taken away from me, I fear that on my arrival at LAX I shall be given a middle seat in the very back rows.

A dummy booking reveals the LAX-DEN sector to have only three middle seats left, and that is on a booking which proposes only a full-fare.

Any suggestions?

Any ideas?