FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion replacement for Starwood Platinum status -- any rumors yet?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:00 am
ILUVCITIBANK

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
Originally Posted by aviators99
You're probably right, unfortunately.
My hope is that when your beloved CITI comes out with the new Chairman-replacement, that it truly does compete with Centurion, and creates an amenity war between the two...

One can hope...
Actually, Citibank "fell from grace" for me when AAdvantage introduced milesaaver. My theory then was Citibank would feel the pinch over time as demand shifted out of the aadvantage program...and some day have to start offering Citibank/Aadvantage promotions...sure enough, its finally happening, but its too little, and waay too late.

Technically I still hold several citibank ccard products, but because they are aligned w/ Aadvantage, they went from massive useage...to collecting dust on the shelf literally overnight. Who in the world is dumb enough to be actively collecting aadvantage miles when one can hardly use them, especially to fly a family of five or six to a domestic destination in the USA ? What a joke aadvantage has become for an average family trying to take a summer vacation. Most would agree those are actually lowly expectations and ways to use miles...but that's the lowly goal I set for aadvantage. And they fail this test miserably at the 25K base level award.

I no longer have any great affinity for Citibank, but * sigh* I am stuck w/ this flyertalk moniker.