FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points (Darling Harbour), Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:26 pm
nymets

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ldsant
I'm confused - what was so terrible about this stay? Usual check-in is 3 PM for most hotels and you had a room provided at 11 AM. Suites are not automatic btw - the T&C is the next best room available.

Did you ask what the Plat amenity is at the property? I'm sorry, from your posting I don't see what the "terrible lapse in service" actually was.
Here it is:

Lapse in service #1: Telling me that no rooms were available and then being sent to the hotel bar for a couple of hours. I then asked for a manager, but none were available. By the way, I had sent an e-mail to the hotel a month in advance letting them know that I would be arriving early and would take "any room, upgraded or not if available"

Lapse in service #2: After re-entering the reception line and talking to a different agent (while the original agent scowled at me), the new agent said there were "plenty of rooms available". Not saying I was explicitly "lied to", but...

Lapse in service #3: Being placed in a Gold upgraded room (which was dirty, even though maid service had been through it) which was very run-down even though I explained that I was platinum.

Lapse in service #4: Calling from the dirty room and explaining to a reservations manager that I was a Plat and it was clear that there were plenty of Platinum upgraded rooms available. Waited for about an hour and a half while they called SPG to confirm my status.

Lapse in service #5: Left reservations manager a message explaining what had happened and informing that I didn't receive Plat amenity and I never got a call back.

I don't feel that I deserve an upgrade, but if there is a room available and I have just completed a long 13 hour overnight flight, I think I am entitled.

I am definitely over this whole ordeal, but the "lapse in service" certainly rose to the level that I felt it necessary to bring to the attention of this forum.