FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 7, 2006, 5:51 pm
lalala

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
We're here right now in a corner deluxe room. I'm not sure I would call this an executive suite, but its quite lovely. Okay, my TH is calling it a suite. I took some pictures and will post them on my flickr.

We're on a gov't rate and for the first time in ages, they wanted to take down alll the information on the ID. Which was fine, this is DC afterall.

We were first put in a standard guest room (concierge checked us in), however, the desk person moved us into this room (910). It is a complete transformation of space. Bathroom is very close to the Park Hyatt Paris look - separate shower from bathtub, same strange closet configuration. Blaise Mautin toiletries if you are a fan. Lots of shaker style furniture and nice little touches like seriously elegant water glasses and hiding the network cable in a small wooden box. TH says lighting in living space could be better for reading. Desk is nice, but chair would not be comfortable for long term sitting and working on the computer.

I am using network connection, seems to be fine.

Will hit gym in the am. Breakfast is in the tea lounge or delivered to your room if you wish. We are having dinner tomorrow at the Blue Duck.

I like the hotel, but right now I am feeling like I wish it had less echoey lobby and a lot of the pritzker art seems to be missing. Especially in the halls by the elevators.

Oh, I guess Ms. Pritzker is staying here this weekend, so that is why we were not given the presidential suite. There were copious notes from the evening concierge to the morning concierge about what needed to be done for her today.

Amenity was to be a bottle of wine. We requested more water and they sent up some lovely nectarines as well.

We are going to dupont circle for a quick dinner tonight, but I think we'll be ordering room service coffee to try some of the christopher norman chocolates I picked up at dean and deluca.

More later including a link to my pictures.

lala