FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need to extend ticket time limit on RTW-which OW carrier is best?
Old Oct 7, 2006, 4:41 pm
bensyd
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Tiki
I do have a couple credit cards but the limits are very low. I don't have a stable job, I am a temp usually in accounts and considered below average income statistically. My husband is an ongoing labour hire. I'm actually a very good payer, always on time because I plan my purchases and pay for them by the end of the month. This is why it is essential that I find some way to delay this purchase until Jan or Feb when I would have saved the money to pay off the tickets.

I am sure if you went to your bank and (assuming you currently pay on time) asked for a personal loan to purchase air tickets they would be more than happy to oblige. You would be surprised how incredibly easy credit is to get these days. Last month I had a big month on my CC including some large purchases in HKG, not only did my bank bar my credit card until I go in and unlock it they also offered my another $6000 credit. And the funny thing is according to what they know of me I earn $14k/annum without getting too OT I think it's quite disgusting they would offer someone on that salary the amount of credit they have.