FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need to extend ticket time limit on RTW-which OW carrier is best?
Old Oct 7, 2006, 4:33 am
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Need to extend ticket time limit on RTW-which OW carrier is best?

This was posted in AA forum, but it just occured to me that other airlines might be easier to work with. We have segments on QF, LA, AA and AY. Given the situation, would we be better off using LA or AY to ticket? I know QF is really bad with fuel surcharges, AA is the best which is why I booked with them, but they are a pain to deal with.

We have a Global Explorer booked for July next year. AA will only give us a 21 day ticket time limit. There is no way we will have the money that quickly. We are lower income working class people, we need to get a few months pay in the bank to pay for the tickets. We are Australians and can't get the easy credit Americans can get so that isn't an option either. This is about $8000 worth of tickets so that isn't the kind of money the average person can come up with in 3 weeks.

When the 21 days comes, we have to try to rebook the same itinerary, if there are no more L class seats, we will lose the booking.

I called long distance to both the US and UK, they won't extend the time limit.

Does any one have a way around this?

I should also mention that we don't have an AA office in Australia anymore. The phone diverts to India.