FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:55 pm
fokker50

Just arrived and got upgrade to Executive room as a newly minted Plat. Room is quite small, in yellowish-white decore, located in the new part of the building, facing dark sidestreet. TV is old Philips and it is not possible to watch TV from the bed. Best part is bathroom (green rubber bath duck is a nice touch). 24 hrs of internet will cost 20 eur. During check-in I opted for bottle of red wine as a Plat amenity - they bought to room bottle of Caliterra Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2005. I do not know much about Chilean wines, but it is probably available in stores for about 7..8 USD (other options were fruit basket, 500 extra points, 10 EUR bar credit, something else). During turndown service they also bought two bottles of water, two pieces of Finnish chocolate and a red rose. All in all I would say that service has been so far flawless, promt and very courteous, but particular room I am in does not impress me. I probably hoped for jun suite It might sound preposterous, but I would even say that Ambassador rooms in Scandic Continental (!) have grander feel than my current room - and definetely better views.