FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:55 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by robyng
To those inclined to "protest" - I suggest doing some research or - more to the point - retaining a lawyer and getting a legal opinion before you do something and wind up being detailed or arrested. I can't say it would be an open and shut case against you - only that you may be more at risk than you think. I can also say that it is a big pain being arrested - even if years and dollars down the road - some court winds up saying you were right. Of course - it's a lot worse if you were wrong. This isn't a game - so act accordingly. Robyn
Your protests against the exercise of First Amendment rights will not dissuade me from exercising my constitutionally-protected right to write down "Kip Hawley is an idiot". Your scare tactics will not dissuade me either. If the government finds the time to detain and arrest people for having a plastic bag that says "Kip Hawley is an idiot", the government has misplaced priorities. Oh, wait, that's clear already.

Did you miss the related case? The Court held invalid the airport authority's ban on literature distribution in airport terminals.