FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:47 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by robyng
I have a busy week this week. Not a lot of time to write messages. But I did do a little research - and this is the most recent case I found about one's "rights" in an airport. Perhaps there is a more recent Supreme Court case - and if anyone has it - I would appreciate a link. If anything - I think I was too liberal in describing one's constitutional "rights" in an airport. And I am sure that the current Supreme Court - if asked to decide a case - would be more conservative than the court in this case.

To those inclined to "protest" - I suggest doing some research or - more to the point - retaining a lawyer and getting a legal opinion before you do something and wind up being detailed or arrested. I can't say it would be an open and shut case against you - only that you may be more at risk than you think. I can also say that it is a big pain being arrested - even if years and dollars down the road - some court winds up saying you were right. Of course - it's a lot worse if you were wrong. This isn't a game - so act accordingly. Robyn
Did you miss the fact that the OP was not engaged in solicitation? Expressing a political opinion in an unobtrusive way, by way of possession of a plastic bag calling some public official an idiot is not akin to the example you would try to draw into this matter.