FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:43 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Travellin' Fool
Oh please don't give me the "I was questioned so i must have been penalized" argument. Pure example of the pussification of America. Hassles are not penalties no matter how you spin it.
Hassles of the sort that the OP went to were a penalty, a penalty imposed for possessing writing that bothered government agents. No matter how you'd like it spun, only the unreasonable would assert that the additional scrutiny was not due to the constitutionally-protected words on the bag.

The real "pussification" of America is exhibited by those who don't defend the OP's rights under the First Amendment in this situation and those who believe that constitutionally-protected forms of political expression should "merit" additional government oversight.

Hassling people -- and being subject to a government fishing expedition by way of an unusual NCIC check is a hassle, a penalty -- for having dared to write down "Kip Hawley is an idiot" is idiotic. The TSA are not to be the political thought police.

Originally Posted by Travellin' Fool
I respect your opinion but carefull not to "chicken little" everything.
The Communists used to say words akin to those during the Kruschev years. It's called damning by feigned or faint praise, right?