FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting from Madrid to Toledo for a day trip?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:30 pm
wcj1

Getting from Madrid to Toledo for a day trip?

We are going on a trip to Madrid and are planning on going to Toledo for a day.

I am trying to figure out how to get to Toledo. I have read that it is easy to do, but I am trying to figure out the particulars from the web before we go, and I am stuck.

While in Madrid, we are planning on getting a Travel Tourist Pass, their unlimited public transit card.

This page shows that the Travel Tourist Pass for Zone T covers the entire area including Toledo.
http://www.ctm-madrid.es/servlet/Cam...ioma?xh_TIPO=8

It also says:
Zone T Tourist Travel Passes, in the addition to the above, can also be used on:

* All Metro lines.
* All lines of Regular Passenger Public Transport by road.
* All RENFEš, Suburban Train lines.

(1) All travel passes are not allowed to travel in Regional Trains.
What I do not understand is what mode of transit that I can take with this transit pass from Madrid to Toledo. When I click on Suburban Rail on this website, it lists C-1 through C-10 trains, but none of them seem to go to Toledo.

When I go to RENFE's website, the only option I can see is the "AV Media Distancia Madrid - Toledo" train, which I understand is new and only takes 30 minutes. But, can I use the Tourist Travel Pass on this train or must we pay their Euro 8.30 fare separately?

I am mostly just trying to understand this better, so I do not do something dumb like buying the more expensive Zone T pass and then finding out that I cannot use it on the AV Media Distancia train and then having to buy a ticket that I thought I already paid for.

Or is the Tourist Transit Pass designed to work locally within Madrid and Toledo, but not to get between the two?

Thanks,
BillJ