FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Across the Globe in 5 Continents Again
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:13 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow (AUH-LHR) Business Class on BA 777

With the fullish load of passengers we push back a little late (and perhaps contributed by the extra security rules in place?).

By now I am fairly tired being the second complete night in the air, so I sleep much of the flight awakening over Germany. A breakfast is served 90 minutes before arrival. We get a good quick approach and so arrive slightly early. The downside is we get the farthest possible gate in T4 from the flight connections centre (FCC). So by the time I've made the long trek, followed by a bus ride (which for once I manage to get lucky with almost no wait) to T1, there are huge queues just to get into the security queue for FCC. Even fast track takes a while due to only one lane being open, so I am thankful I am not in the main queue this time.

After the WTMD everyone is getting a pat-down. I wonder if they will find my small bottle of cologne in my pocket, but after a brief pause he decides to let me through.

Then a short walk to the first lounge and a shower. All up it took me 90 minutes to reach the lounge. It would easily have been over 2 hours if I walked slowly and didn't have access to fast track lane at FCC.