FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Double-Almost-RTW, Part 2: SIN-LHR-Europe-YOW and back on SQ/AC C and lotsa LCCs
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:08 pm
mad_atta

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Thanks for another great instalment jpatokal, and for reminding me about Laibach. I remember, back in the distant fog of my student years, staying with some friends in a squalid student dive in Dunedin, NZ. The place had no heating, no insulation (it barely had electricity) so when the cold grew unbearable the ritual was to throw on a battered LP of some bizarre band I've never heard of, crank it up loud, and goose step/formation dance/improvise furiously to the anthemic strains of their official flat song. This turned out to be Life is Life by Laibach - after half-heartedly trying to track it down a few times without any success, I've never heard it since (until downloading it right now) but I clearly remember its surreal, martial/melodromatic/operatic qualities. I love it - thanks for reuniting me with this bizarre classic!