FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Across the Globe in 5 Continents Again
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2006, 9:55 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Muscat to Abu Dhabi (MCT-AUH) Business Class on BA 777

The lounge got surprisingly full - quite a few flights leave around the same time in the middle of the night from Muscat. When we were called I made my way to the gate. Since the transfer desk hadn't pulled the paper coupon I had to get my ticket out. The gate agent was astonished at the size of the booklet (lots and lots of pages since not only did I have the current ticket but also the original stapled to it to properly account for all the taxes and fees, and I guess also register the version of RTW rules that would apply in case I wanted to make further changes).

Security was quick and onto the bus. Seconds later it pulled out to the aircarft fairly empty. So again 2 buses used for the small number of passengers. For this flight I had the exact same seat as I flew in on the same aircraft.

Doors closed early and while we settled in to pre-departure drinks the captain announces we will wait on the tarmac until scheduled departure since there are currently no free gates at Abu Dhabi.

The flight eventually gets under way and is a repeat of the flight in - drinks, canapes, very short. When we arrive at Abu Dhabi we have a short wait for an aircraft to clear the gate.

We're told the transit will be 45 minutes, but it turns out to be closer to 90 minutes. No cleaners this time, and no need to confirm our carry ons, just loading cargo and an almost full load of passengers. Again, through passengers have to stay on board for the duration.