FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:09 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Preface: The pressure to keep Diamond is still on. A one night stay before picking my wife up at SFO.

Rate: Prepaid. Less than $100 base rate.

Transportation: I drove in.

Parking: There are two wedding being held at the Hotel. There is a lot in front of the Hotel which was/is full. There is another lot just for Hotel guests but it requires a key. So if you are just coming in it is no good. The final alternative which is not really clearly marked is a parking structure. You can reach it by driving straight in and heading back. The right portion of the garage is for Hotel guests. All options at least tonight are free.

Check-in: I did the web check-in online and again it did not work at the kiosk. The system is useless and a waste of time IMHO. I was given a room on the RC level. The agent was very friendly and helpful.

Perks: The RC Lounge at this Hotel is only open on the weekdays. Like Sunday to Thursday. The Lounge is located on the Lobby level and of course is closed tonight. You will receive a continental breakfast coupon and that is it. You can buy up to the buffet for like $4. Bring your own water because the RC rooms do not have comp water. The Hotel plans to renovate and add a proper RC Lounge in the future. I should get amenity points, WEBPDA and G2 for the stay.

Room: I've been here before when this was a Westin. I think before that it was a Doubletree. The rooms have been renovated from my last stay. Not bad. Very standard and certainly better than the Hyatt San Jose. Just think standard room.

Internet: Wired and $9.95 for 24 hours.

Gym: ?, Spa: ?, Eating venues: ?, Local markets: ?

Local area: Great America should be around here somewhere.

Negatives: Hunting for a parking spot for 10 minutes, the lack of a Lounge and somewhat dated rooms.

Closing: This goes on the books for future stays. Not a bad drive to SFO on the weekends. The bonuses are good and the price is right.