FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Rome
Thread: Flying to Rome
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2006, 8:42 pm
roberto99

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by citylover
TLVorbust - I heard a lot of negative comments about Alitalia so I have decided to stay away from them. A direct flight from the USA to Rome should hopefully not be an issue for my luggage ...lost or delayed... (I hope anyway).

I do plan to fly coach & direct.

roberto99 said I should try to find which airline has the best coach. So if anyone has any feedback on that I'd appreciate it.
I posted above: "You'd do best to cross the Atlantic in UA's coach (and secure Economy+ through status or buy-up) but get the E+ at time of booking! Then connect on LH from, say, MUC."

UA's coach beats the rest if you book Economy Plus since you are assured an extra 4-5 inches of legroom.

But, UA doesn't fly to FCO in the last 10 years or so. So that would mean a connection somewhere in Europe.

BTW, airlines use the term "direct" to mean one stop service. they even stretch this to mean a connection with the same flight number on twt very different planes.

OP, I suspect that you wanted "non-stop" service to FCO from somewhere in the USA. that narrows the choices to perhaps AZ (ick), US, DL, and AA. And they ALL have very nasty coach seating!