FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:05 pm
MKEbound

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by bloggerchick
Free speech has a lot to do with people thinking they are more important than someone else. It's all connected. No one ever sees the big picture. Think about it. What response was expected when that baggie went through the security checkpoint? Most likely, the exact response that was recieved. It was another ploy to complain about something else in the United States and have it show up in the news. There you go, free speech, publicized free speech. Instead of complaining or pointing out flaws in the system, how about suggesting alternative ways to go about the airplane security.

Calling someone an idiot can be considered a threat nowadays. Look at our schools and streets. One teenager can call another teen an idiot and be killed shortly after. Same thing applies to terrorists except in some cases, the terrorists are even more immature than the teens.
Welcome to Flyertalk! I know this tread has gotten quite long, but if you go all the way back to post #157 you read the complaint that I submitted to the TSA though their website. I did suggest alternative ways to improve security, trust me I fly over 140 flights a year - I'm all for real, common sense security.