FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Across the Globe in 5 Continents Again
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:34 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Abu Dhabi to Muscat (AUH-MCT) Business Class on BA 777

The handful of passengers continuing on to Muscat had to stay onboard for the short transit, identify their carry-ons in the bins (presumably any bags not identified would be offloaded) and sit back while a quick clean was done (mainly or only the bathrooms from what I could see) and could hear and feel cargo being unloaded beneath us. Then a handful of passengers boarded and after just 45 minutes on the ground we pushed back.

With such a light load and only a short flight ahead of us the takeoff roll was very short and we climbed very quickly to cruise altitude of 29,000 feet. During the short flight there was enough time for a drinks run and canapes were served. Then less than 40 minutes later we touched down in Muscat.

As far as I could see there are no air bridges so we pulled up on the apron. Very quickly 2 busses pulled up alongside and stairs were set up - highly efficient although I am sure we could all have fitted in 1 bus. A few steps outside in the still hot desert night before stepping into the airconditioned bus for the short ride to the terminal.

Transfer was painless - no need to clear immigration just head to the (empty except for staff) transit desks where I got my boarding pass printed quickly, through security and down to the Oman Air lounge. If I hadn't been told by the agent at the transit desk where the lounge was I possibly wouldn't have found it since no signs pointed to it on the departure level.

The lounge is very nice. No showers, but all the other amenities and a great spread of mainly cold food (plus a couple of hot items) and non-alcholic drinks. Oh yeah and computers, where I am currently sitting typing this report.