FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's going 500/or 1M - looking for fellow FTalkers to go with...
Old Apr 4, 2000, 8:15 pm
rhinochaser

I received an e-mail back from Latin Pass today which confirmed that my routing was "o.k.", as I have seen them do with others. So I've at least gotten documentation that the LIM-UIO flight will qualify for the SAETA segment.

I also spoke with LATINPASS and they told me that as long as ACES gives me mileage credit for the two separate legs of the LIM-UIO-BOG flight, there should not be a problem with this being treated as two separate flights and meeting the promotion conditions. Apparently others are asking this same question, as the woman with whom I spoke thought that I had just called and asked the same question!

I also spoke with ACES and they told me that I will receive only one boarding pass for the LIM-UIO-BOG flight in Lima, but that I will receive separate mileage credit for each of the two flight legs. They have me in their computer twice for the flight number, which was a little confusing at first, but I'm in the first time for just the LIM-UIO segment and the second time for the UIO-BOG segment. I will try to get this verified by e-mail, and will probably call again to reconfirm. My sense is that LATINPASS is trying to be fair and reasonable about all of the rules. Other than cutting the promotion off right before it appeared in a TIME magazine article, they have interpreted all of the rules fairly liberally, it appears to me. The problems seem to stem more out of confusion with their member airlines, rather than LATINPASS.

With regards to the "V" fare on Taca Peru from LIM-CUZ, it would appear that a "V" fare should accrue mileage, given their normal fare rules that I described previously (on another LP thread). I had a "W" fare at $59 which didn't count, and switched ONE of my LIM/CUZ segment to a "Y" fare, as it was cheaper at $171 through a travel agent in Lima than the "V" fare through Expedia, which I believe was more than $200.

As stated before, I may still change my flights if I can. The issue is not really so much one of cost for me, as it is shortening my stay in Cuzco by a day and adding a day in Quito, to PLAY IT SAFE.

RHINOCHASER

[This message has been edited by rhinochaser (edited 04-04-2000).]