FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's going 500/or 1M - looking for fellow FTalkers to go with...
Old Apr 4, 2000, 12:16 am
rhinochaser

TANGO & AUSTXHIKER:

Thanks for the education on how this frequent flier mileage credit stuff works. I am definitely a novice on this stuff. However, given what you have said, if the BOARDING PASS, along with my ticket stubs are the evidence of my taking the flights, if I receive just one BOARDING PASS from LIM to BOG, but I also have the ticket stubs for BOTH the LIM to UIO and the UIO to BOG flights, shouldn't this be enough to prove I took both legs of the flight? I know I could theoretically get off the plane in UIO and not take the flight to BOG, but if I am showing all of these BOARDING PASSES and ticket stubs to LATINPASS, including my additional flights that same day from BOG to SJO to SAL to GUA, what are they going to think, that I bought the ticket, but chose to find some other way to get to BOG?

I will still understand if you would still play it SAFE by spending an extra day in QUITO, and I may actually try to do it even if I do end-up feeling comfortable about my routing, as everyone seems to like Quito, but my tickets may not allow the change. Thanks for continuing with these discussions. I hope everyone else isn't bored with them, and that they are relevant for others.

Happy Travels!

RHINOCHASER