FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:58 pm
cme2c

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are you saying that the TSA should not be looking for bombs? In any event, bombs and terrorism has little to nothing to do with the OP's situation.

Two questions for you that relate to the OP's experience:

"Are you suggesting that the government read anything and everything in a passenger's possession to see if they are carrying material that doesn't advance the Party Line?"

"Do you want the US government to hassle people for having a different constitutionally-protected political opinion than yours?"

Are you blind? I said they should be looking for everything, not just bombs. As for bombs and terrorism not being part of the OP's situation, you were the one who brought it up. No I do not think the government should read anything and everything in their possession.... Again, he knew they were going to scrutinize the baggie and did it for that sole purpose. We only know his side of the story, but my guess is there was some attitude involved on his part when he was queried about it. He was picking a fight and got what he deserved. Instead of "looking for bombs" like you say they should be, they were dealing with his grade school antics.