FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:16 pm
MKEbound

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
OP back again to answer questions and some updates.

First of all, to kuerious in post #259 welcome to Flyertalk! Your first post was very informative and I can tell it took some time to write. I hope you visit and post regularly

To nathanmcginty in post #255 welcome to Flyertalk! While you might disagree with what I did yesterday, but clearly you have a love of flying, so I hope you post here often

To vikala in post #246 welcome to Flyertalk! I can appreciate your view point in your first post. I hope you continue to be part of the Flyertalk community.

I have been working at customer locations all day and away from my computer, so there have been several questions raised in the past several hours.

For those who asked if an swab was taken from my baggie to test for explosives, there wasn't - however, as I pointed out in my original post, my roller bag was swabbed and tested.

For the many people who suggested that my form or protest was improper and/or there were other and better ways to log my complaints and thoughts, I would like to go on the record that I have personally written both my Senators and my Congressman as well as the TSA to complain about and suggest improvements to the process of airport security screening. I personally have never received a response from any of these people other than boilerplate type responses - and one of my Senators is Russ Feingold, who has been outspoke in some cases against the Patriot Act and some of the dangers to our rights there.

As I stated earlier, my biggest concern is that the people in charge simply don't even listen to us (the people who pay for this with their taxes and fees) or even to common sense!

Back in post #157 I posted a copy of the complaint I submitted to TSA.gov yesterday after the incident. I still haven't heard back from them other than an automated response.

I have been contacted by a few reporters and the ACLU, but have not responded to any of them yet, as I plan on giving the TSA some time to respond to my complaint.

Last edited by MKEbound; Sep 27, 2006 at 5:34 pm