FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Operational upgrades from a gate agent's perspective
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:29 pm
qasr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by DullesJason
Thanks qasr.

It's important to note that I said C fare meaning that it was a purchased and ticketed C class ticket as opposed to an upgrade. I will edit to reflect it.

To clarify: If memory serves, GS on any business class ticket and fare basis code generally will go ahead of any 1K because last I knew that's how the computer sorts it. It may now be that Z would be excluded--not sure about that. Then there are gate agents who might proactively go for all full C people and proactively skip D fares but that's not how it's supposed to be done. Most CS supervisors wouldn't object. That's a bit of a gray area.
Interesting. As a 1K who travels frequently on intl Z fares, I have usually seen a fair number of people getting op-ups before me. AFAICT, it was a mix of GS's & 1K's, so I was curious. Of course, sometimes I have been op-upped and the only 1K in the cabin...

I will wait for the next thread explaining paid buy-ups to C & F and ask my relevant questions there! ^