FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel Seattle [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:53 pm
Jills

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ldsant
Realize that at least for May - October many hotel rooms are extremely expensive due to corporate meetings, tourism, cruiseships, etc. During November - February you may be able to find hotels at good rates using seattlesupersavers that come out during the winter.

The Sheraton in Tacoma usually goes for about $130 per night but you would have to take the train (Sounder) into Seattle each way or drive. Also, you should simply call Starwood Corporate directly to see if you are eligible for a corporate rate.
Thanks! At least you've given me hope that rates will drop here in a few weeks. yeah, I'd seen that Tacoma property, but that's a 30 minute commute for me. Not bad, really. But for $10 more, I can stay 2 minutes away at the DoubleTree Seatac. For now, I'm suckin' it up at the HIX because it's 1) nextdoor to my office, 2) $86/nt, 3) running several good promos concurrently. But I CAN'T stay there for the entire 7 months. I think I might prefer a novocaine-free root canal!

But yes, you're right. I just need to get on the phone, and talk to the sales departments of the various hotels in which I'm interested, and just let them tell ME who wants my business the most. It's just hard to get around to making those kinds of calls in the middle of the day since that's those folks tend to keep "normal" back-office business hours.

Thanks again for the encouragement. Perhaps it will get better in November.