FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena: Sheraton or Westin? [Master Thread]
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:09 pm
Martinis at 8

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Location-wise, both the Sheraton and Westin are about equal. In fact, they are very close to each other, just a few blocks apart. So the "quick exit" to BUR would not give one hotel an advantage over the other.

The Westin is definitely nicer, but when I stayed there last December (2005), it had NO club lounge (even though the in-room compendium said there was one). I suspect they used to have one, but converted it to guest room(s) to increase their revenue. That's understandable, but still a disappointment if you're an elite SPG member hoping for perks. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive, quick, convenient breakfast, the gift shop sells coffee, pastry, etc. (Yeah, not the same as having the lounge, but faster than room service or the restaurant.) As an SPG Plat, I had a spacious corner room.
You are of course correct location-wise. I must have just missed you as I was there in Dec last year (I think), and will be there again in Dec this year. The absent lounge doesn't really bother me. I find the hotel's entire ambience to be very nice, which is why I recommend it, and I especially like the patio outside. In fact I prefer the whole setup, and have ditched the LAX-Westin LAX for my L.A. stopovers, now in favor of the BUR-Westin Pasadena setup instead. I have wondered about the Hilton at BUR, but it's not as close to the very trendy Pasadena.

Cheers,

M8