FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pasadena: Sheraton or Westin? [Master Thread]
Old Sep 17, 2006, 3:34 am
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Martinis at 8
Westin! Great place ^ and close to BUR for a quick exit.

M8
Location-wise, both the Sheraton and Westin are about equal. In fact, they are very close to each other, just a few blocks apart. So the "quick exit" to BUR would not give one hotel an advantage over the other.

The Westin is definitely nicer, but when I stayed there last December (2005), it had NO club lounge (even though the in-room compendium said there was one). I suspect they used to have one, but converted it to guest room(s) to increase their revenue. That's understandable, but still a disappointment if you're an elite SPG member hoping for perks. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive, quick, convenient breakfast, the gift shop sells coffee, pastry, etc. (Yeah, not the same as having the lounge, but faster than room service or the restaurant.) As an SPG Plat, I had a spacious corner room.