FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easing of uk hand baggage restrictions
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:45 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by number_6
The TSA already allows all the changes that I have heard proposed ... and has for at least a week (there have been several sets of changes since Aug. 10). For example the TSA allows most women's cosmetics that the UK does not allow; and there never was a carryon size restriction. So what changes that the UK government is making is it that requires TSA to make a corresponding change?
we're not allowed to carry liquids on bought airside to US - we are already allowed to do that to any other destination ex UK. I don't expect that to change, since that's a worldwide edict in place from any OP to the US (or it was last weekend, it may have changed since then, but I haven't seen anything to suggest it has).

But my post was really made to highlight the fact that just because the UK changes it's restrictions, there is no guarantee that the TSA will follow suit, or that there will be any continuity between the two authorities. I presume you've been following the many threads on BA where passengers have been trying to read the UK rules in a US context, believing that because it's allowed in the US it is the same in the UK? It's caused quite a large amount of confusion, and I was just trying to highlight that the rules are still likely to be different between the TSA and the UK.