FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CRJ 900 In-Flight Service
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2006, 4:15 pm
larsll

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
CRJ 900 In-Flight Service

Did my first segment on a CRJ 900 today NCE-MUC. 83 pax, all full. What really really surprised me was that there was only 2 flight attendants. With 15-20 busines pax it is needless to say that the service was slow. I was at row 15, emergency exit, with enormous amounts of legroom. Drinks and sandwich came only minutes before the decent to MUC began though...

I know some semi-no-frills regional carriers operate this way, but if you try to do both decent business and a decent economy I would say that 3 attendants are required.

The aircraft itself is really really nice. New style seats (same "design" as the A320s and 737s are receiving). Nicely accompanied with an article in the in-flight magazine talking about how the bird was delivered from Bombardier. Except for being very long the aircraft can be recognized on the field because of two overwing emergency exists on each side (rows 14 and 15), as well as two fins on the underbody at the tail.