FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - And the Hysteria Spreads - MUC pax banned from plane because of bad joke and waterbtl
Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:09 am
SleepOverGreenland

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by weero
(...)Please tell me that you are being sarcastic about this .
Because I agree with one thing the over-cautious people and the pro government folks here claim: the threat is out there. Vicious creatures plot on hurting planes and pax. So a measure being effective is of utmost importance for true air transport service. Where asking people if they are terrorists and if they have H20 that can be upgraded to Nitropenta is reducing security as it takes away resources from proper screening. (...)
Oh, I am sarcastic on this topic.

But, how would you messure effectiveness? Number of terrorists catched upon screening? Number of bombs identified? Or more recent, total water purloined from innocent pax per day worldwide [in million gallons]?

They probably catch a couple knifes, scissors and nail files per day. And may find this effective. But probably all of those confiscated arms came from forgetful guys and nobody was really a terrorist.

So at the end of the day the question is, how many hijacks and bomb attacks have been prevented.

But (!!!), over cautious people still fly and may feel almost protected. They are not interested in real measures, as long as they are in good faith of effectiveness. And the white house preacher keeps them in their good faith.