FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RCC Advice
Thread: RCC Advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2006, 5:45 pm
Northbrook60065

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
I think the RCC is AWESOME!

I concur with what everyone has said about the domestic Red Carpet Clubs - especially when it comes to snacks.

And if you're comparing domestic clubs to what you've experienced from other carriers at International gateways...well, forget about it!

But I think your situation is a no-brainer: I'll get slammed here if I'm wrong, but I don't think ANYONE who has had an RCC membership AND travels as much as you intend to travel would give it up.

To be honest, I don't think that the concierges at most clubs are that helpful - in drastic circumstances I think your best bet is to get in line at the RCC while smoothing out your travel arrangements on your cell phone with the GS or 1K desk. They're the folks that will protect you best, IMHO...

The thing is, no matter how bad the snacks may be, or how congested or dated a club room appears, or how aloof the bartender acts, if you're sitting in the RCC you won't be tempted to wander out and sit at the gate, or in a telephone cubicle, or sit on the floor outside another club trying to get wifi. The RCC is always the best place to be before and between flights, unless you're dining at the airport.

So, if you're traveling a lot then get the membership (and bonus points!!!) now, and enjoy. The snacks will be as amazing as the club rooms: when you need them they're truly awesome! ^

If our paths cross please say hello. RCC's are a fantastic place to just enjoy a drink and make conversation!