FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NY Times Editorial Advocates Carry-On Ban
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:43 pm
Nevsky

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by us2
Best post yet on this thread. ^ Please send this as a letter to the editor of the Times.
Thank you, I actually did, but at this point asked that they not publish it.

My comments to the NY Times are as follows:

The following is not intended for publication, but just feedback on what I think is one of the most ill conceived editorials in the NY Times ever. I have never sent feedback to the Times this way and I know it will have zero impact, but I just want you to know how someone who was once a great fan (even when I disagreed with the Times) now feels.

You can get a sense of what the frequent flyer community thinks here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=7580.

I personally do not want a letter to the editor, which is just a footnote to a pathetic editorial that will only feed the worst ideas of the British Airport Authority and others that want to take the easy way out by making life miserable for millions of travelers a day rather than improving the system. You have done more damage here to millions of travelers than any of your "leak" disclosures. Maybe an OpEd piece with similar placement would help. (I might be happy to help out here or maybe you can get someone else, but this editorial deserves a strong rebuttal).