FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improved services for AF passengers in l'Espace Premiere at CDG (merged)
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:15 am
Belgian in Paris

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Originally Posted by rangerss75
I strongly advise you to change your flight from LHR. I don't know why AF continues to sell flights with such ridiculous connections. Take the 19h15 flight from LHR and spend any extra connecting time in the lounge.

I've just booked flights from LHR to LAX (because the Z Business Class fares are about 600 Euros lower than from CDG and I need to be in LHR before and after my CDG-LAX trip anyway) and, because I'm in Paris and the journey begins in London, I had to book over the phone. I pointed out to the agent that the connections she (though it's the AF computer that is responsible) was proposing are just not doable at CDG (40 minutes between a route where flights are notoriously late and always finish with a bus journey and a flight to the USA in these security-conscious times!!!) Air France should really stop selling such flights. They are simply piling up trouble for themselves when the passenger (and/or the lugggage) misses his or her connecting flight. I insisted on booking a flight an hour earlier.

TX for your advice but I can't leave LHR in an other flight and be early at LHR. Wait an see... if my flight from LHR is late I suppose that the luggage will not make it. One more time that will cost a few hunderd $$$ (clothes) to American Express insurance and their partner. HKG is the perfect place for make to mesure shirts...