FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WT+ on OWE
Thread: WT+ on OWE
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2006, 4:55 pm
Speedbird96

Originally Posted by number_6
I heard it from the AA RTW desk when we were killing time waiting for an airline to respond; I have no interest in buying an LONEx ticket, as DONEx is not that much more and avoids all the hassles of the L ticket (lack of inventory on some routes and limited FF miles). Even ignoring the comfort aspects.

I've run into this before with several different airlines, needing to have inventory in both classes for an upgrade, so it did not seem implausible. I suppose for WT+ all that matters is what BA does, since they are the only ones with this product, and AA's procedures are not relevant. As an aside, is L ever sold out on BA LHR-Australia? I would have thought there is always plenty, given the flight schedules and competition.
With that route, it's always busy, especially if it's during the oz summer, then it's next to impossible to get space in any class, I usually routed people through HKG, or NRT making a 23hr connection. The worst flight is the flight that went through SIN, that flight was ALWAYS full, I remember booking a DONE4 in Nov for a person traveling Mar, and not being able to get him on that flight.