FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAC Battery Recall
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:58 pm
swise

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by ncdaniels1947
THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!! Indeed, my MBP battery was one recalled, but I NEVER got ANY notice from Apple. Today I went into the Apple Store and though at first they INSISTED my MacBookPro Battery was NOT a recall, I showed them this post. Only then did the guy scan MY battery and apologize. Yes, it was recalled and I should have (but certainly did not) get a notification from Apple. A replacement battery should be on the way to me shortly. But I have ONLY this forum to thank. Nothing is on the Apple website and even the Apple Store (at least the one I went to) were in denial. HUMPH!
Actually there's a link called "iBook G4 and PowerBook G4 Battery Recall" on Apple's main page, www.apple.com.

There's a section called "exchanges and extensions" to which about 1"x2" of screen space is dedicated on the apple.com/support site which contains links to the battery exchange sites.

It also made Drudge Report on the 25th of August, and both the AP and Reuters ran stories about the recall, as well as the Wall Street Journal. In addition, it was on the evening news and most local 10/11 PM news broadcasts. Google News pulls up over 1000 hits with the query Apple Battery Recall since Aug 25.

On August 31, Apple sent an email to users with the subject "Important Safety Recall." The originating address was [email protected]. It contained all the details on the recall. If users registered their products, I imagine they would get the email at the address on the registration. Of course, it's possible some spam filters might still eat it.