FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAC Battery Recall
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:51 am
iwebslinger

Programs: UA GS
You welcome.

Originally Posted by ncdaniels1947
THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!! Indeed, my MBP battery was one recalled, but I NEVER got ANY notice from Apple. Today I went into the Apple Store and though at first they INSISTED my MacBookPro Battery was NOT a recall, I showed them this post. Only then did the guy scan MY battery and apologize. Yes, it was recalled and I should have (but certainly did not) get a notification from Apple. A replacement battery should be on the way to me shortly. But I have ONLY this forum to thank. Nothing is on the Apple website and even the Apple Store (at least the one I went to) were in denial. HUMPH!

I received my battery today and it looks very easy to return. Yesterday I had a scare. On Monday I shut down my MCB Pro using shut down and had it plugged in. Funny thing is that the light on the latch was still on. Thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When I woke up I noticed that the light was still on the latch and I hurriedly placed my MCB Pro in my case and went to work. That morning we met at Starbucks for the meeting so I had no chance to take my new MCB. When I got to the office I pulled out my MCB and it was hot. I mean hot hot hot and my case was hot. I pulled it out and immediately pulled out the battery. I have since run it without the battery and now i'm going to place the new battery and see what happens.

I believe I did ordered my replacement battery on Friday and I received it today on Wed. Factor in the holiday.