FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris with a pregnant wife and preschooler - Report
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:20 am
Uniter

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by afang
Thanks for the great report, it sure sounds like you'll had a lot of fun.

We just got back from France on Labor Day and we had a blast there too. Even though we did not get to visit places like Latin Quarter or Marais (probably walked there for a bit going into the metro station) My wife's a museum buff, so we did goto lots of them including Museum Orange, Rodin, Orsay, and Louvre. I noticed that you guys did not visit Versaille!
Yeah, we talked about Versaille, but we only had 3-4 days in Paris and that would have used it one whole day. As it was, we didn't get to see any of the art museums! (Which, really, with a four-year-old, would have been very hard).

Since the weather was perfect, it was nice to just stroll around the city.

Oh, and here's a fun story from our trip... my son kept begging for a large-sized model of the Eiffel Tower ... but it cost about $20, so I kept telling him no. Finally, we're waiting for our Eurostar to London when my wife finds 10 Euros in her pocket (this is par for the course for my wife). I tell her that we're boarding in 5 minutes and she and my son have 4 minutes to go spend that money. Well, as you guessed, he comes walking back with a HUGE smile on his face holding his much-sought Eiffel Tower.