FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - poll: LH F in 744
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:01 am
flysurfer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I disagree, in particular new C is far far far away from Y and even old C is far better, than Y. Remember, we are talking LH Y.
If I can't get paid F tickets anymore I would still be okay with flying in C. But I would never agree to fly in Y for business.
Exactly. F service is "nice to have", a flatbed seat with power ports (like in LH C) is a "must have", and LH Y is simply a no-go for overnight flights.

So those EUR 2500 for MUC-LAX-MUC in Z are pretty much the limit of what I'm willing to pay for that product. I can't see any rationality in paying more than 3 times of that amount for an "guaranteed upgrade" to F. Actually, it's already pretty hard to justify paying 3 times of a V fare for a guaranteed seat in C. It would definitely be more reasonable to book V and use an upgrade instrument, however, the prospect of ending up in LH Y on an overbooked nightly LAX-MUC flight is so terrifying that I pay that so much higher price in exchange for peace of mind. It appears that maintaining a horrendous, appaling, uncomfortable and inhuman Y product is a great revenue generator for LH.