FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Bookings Destroying FT Spirit
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:00 am
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
i agree with you, although as a disclaimer, i made two bookings myself (couldn't get all five days on one booking source, so i booked for two days at one source and the following three days at another). not sure if that means you're talking to me or not, but even if you are, i agree in principle.

i'm still a relatively new member, but i remember being quite shocked--and i continue to be--that some folks view these mistakes as a way to spend an entire summer or more somewhere on someone else's dime, essentially.

sadly, it seems to be the way of the world, and i'm not sure what if anything can be done about it. as ft continues to grow, and mistakes like this continue to happen, be honored and be publicized, more folks will join, 'participate' only in mr, and kind of dilute the original spirit of ft, which i'm not sure i've been here long enough to know. some people will be greedy if the opportunity presents itself, and don't care much for the rest of the group. i don't think you can do anything about that, on an internet board or in the greater world, unfortunately.