FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Bookings Destroying FT Spirit
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:23 am
ingy
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Multiple Bookings Destroying FT Spirit

Toyko, Portland, LaQuinta, Bangkok etc etc etc.

This is supposed to be a close knit community of people that enjoy travel and are trying to make the most of the experience.

The behavior of some members (or quasi members at best) is destroying this spirit by making MULTIPLE BOOKINGS on hotel mistake rates.

Is it not evident to everyone with a brain that MULTIPLE BOOKINGS are one of the reasons that the mistake rates are:

1. Taking longer to sort out.
2. Being denied by the provider
3. Being comproimised by the provider
4. Giving FT a bad name

Providers are more apt to admit their mistake and honor the reservations if we are not PIGS about it. Imagine for a second, how we look to them by making MULTIPLE BOOKINGS.

I spoke with a rep from LaQuinta this past week that reconfirmed the GREED of some of our members. Appalling #'s of reservations per person

We all know that Toyko (in part) was killed by people booking the WHOLE summer at the Hilton. It got so out of hand there was no way they could handle the volume.

It is happening now with Bangkok.

And the response from Jason in Portland, although not appreciated, was certainly justified by OUR behavior.

If there is any question about who I'm speaking too, let me be clear: If you are making MULTIPLE BOOKINGS, I am speaking to YOU.

Your chances are better if you book once, and so are the chances of other FT members having their reservation accepted.

Litigate, sue..........B_ll Sh_t. My guess is those suing may (and I emphasize May)be the same people trying to take advantage of a good thing the most times by MULTIPLE BOOKINGS.

These mistakes rates are a GIFT. Treat them, and this community that way and good things will continue to come to us all.

Climbing off high horse now. I hope those in need, have heard the message.

Think about "How smart the AVERAGE human is? And then realize, half the population is dumber than that."

Last edited by ingy; Aug 31, 2006 at 5:29 am Reason: add