FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OK to book handicapped accessible room if able-bodied? Elite upgrades?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:32 am
craz
Suspended

1) I understand the reason that each Hotel has these type of rooms. But I dont believe that any 1 person has a right to stay at any particuliar Hotel. If there was but 1 Hotel in any locale thatwould be different. So a person wants to stay at a Hilton prop to earn HH pts and credits, thats fine but there is no reason that this should be a gaurantee. Even a reg person cant be 100% sure that they can get a room at any Hotel anytime.

2) want to make it a law OK, so who will pay the Hotel if the room goes empty overnight and they could have filled it? Its Wrong to make any Hotel lose a nights earnings , just in case there is a walk-in that needs such a room.

3) Its not the same as a parking lot. Except if its a lot that charges for parking that is Private. Where its a mall lot there is no lack of earnings with the free parking, if no one occupies that space.

4) Maybe Hotels should also have to have beds that are extra long so that Tall people can get a reg nights sleep. and dont forget the Showers where the nozzle is usually very low for a tall person. I know its not the same as someone who has REAL SPECIAL NEEDS. Its just how much should Private Enterprise have to pay out of its own pockets. Should Airlines have to leave extra room or have extra wide seats and no seats in front in order to enable people with NEEDS to fly in coach, why should a person with needs have to buy a 1st class tkt instead of a coach tkt. etc etc

Both of my parents are people with Special Needs and I feel that no particuliar Hotel should ahve to guarantee them a room, yes it should have said rooms but No my parents should not be guaranteed a room there. Just as when the cheap seats are gone a person can decide to either pay more or fly on a different day. Should a non-smoker be able to sit in a smoking area, after all they will taking away the possibilty of a smoker from being able to eat or drink in that Place.

Sorry but I see nothing wrong with anyone occupying an accessible room, nor should it be against the law either, like that will be able to be enforced. Nor do I see it as Morally Wrong. And yes Ive parked in spots far from where I needed to be cause the only ones available were Handi_Capped ones and the Plates on the car are Handi-Capped Plates but neither of my parents were with me, so I see the plates then as if they were reg plates and I do NOT park in those spots.