FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Pick for Beijing?
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:32 pm
FatManInNYC

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Crowne Plaza Beijing

I stayed 10 nights at the The Crowne Plaza Beijing on Wangfujing the first part of Aug 2006.

My rate was 950 RMB/night and as a PC Plat was given a modest upgrade on arrival, which I complained about, and eventually was given a club floor room (albeit near the elevators ).

In truth, the original room was fine, with modern everything, it just seemed a bit more cramped than I wanted.

The club room was spacious and comfortable with a huge bathroom/ dressing area with separate tub and shower. Free wi-fi on club floors, a decided perq. Breakfast buffet was excellent and included in my rate (though I didn’t remember booking it as such).

General staff were attentive. Concierge staff was knowledgeable. Excellent foot massages were just a phone call away. Security staff visibly present in the evenings.

Wangfujing includes a pedestrian-only modern shopping area and modern mega-mall. The night food court is pretty interesting, if artificial. (Reminded me of seeing a Tombstone, AZ gunfight). Hutongs abound, as do cheap bodega-styled shops for restocking the mini-bar. (One can soda in mini-bar, 24 RMB. One bottle soda from local store 10 meters down street: 4 RMB)

Taxi’s are cheap, so anywhere you want to go is obtainable.

Thumbs-up for the Crowne Plaza Beijing.