FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the phone # for the platinum desk?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:00 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by A Traveller
I don't know, but I know it does happen. It steams me every time I find out about it.
Don't get steamed, its not worth the effort. Probably most of the folks that do this will let their status lapse by not staying the requisite nights anyway. Those who are comped and do stay frequently (75-200+ nights a year) have no worries nor a need to beg for status from any of the 3 majors. The vast majority of others who are comped will drop off the grid by the end of the membership year.

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I need 15 more nights this year to make Plat (yeah, I got the CC with 15 free nights). My travel patterns have changed and it'll be close IF I make it.
Have you signed into your account and checked your Megbonus promotion. Those 15 nights may be worth an extra 25K bonus points. Also, when were the 45 nights you did stay so far this year. If they didn't start until March then you actually have longer with the undocumented rolling 12 month qualification. Good luck.