FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in First!
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:13 am
sharkshooter

First time in First!

My work trip for next week required me to travel YOW-YYZ-YEG Sunday evening. Having booked it less than 2 weeks ago, I had to book a Latitude fare for that part of the trip.

Now, I had 4 NAUs so, I called my travel agent this morning (I am Prestige) and asked about upgrades. Guess what? "No problem". So, I am sitting in 4K and 3C, respectively, Sunday. First time I have been upgraded!

Questions, if you don't mind sharing your knowledge and opinions, please.

First, food:

I know I get lounge access in YOW and YYZ, but any idea what is normally available for eats?

What can I expect to get on the plane? (AC 463 18:00 YOW-YYZ, and/or AC1157 20:40 YYZ-YEG.)

Or, should I get a smoked meat sandwich before I go through security in YOW?

Second, dress:

Usually, for a Sunday night flight, I would wear a golf shirt, black jeans and running shoes. How would that go over? Should wear slacks and my dress shoes instead? I don't want to offend anyone, unless they suggest a suit and tie.

I am excited about my first time, even though I have heard cattle class (the rest of my trip is in Tango Plus (Q, I think) - so little chance of upgrades) will feel rather dismal having tasted the good life.