FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Europe: Top Starwood properties, 2006-9: discussion and summary
Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:05 pm
KittyCat

Programs: SPG LTP
Can only comment on the ones I stayed at:

Spain:
really ANY *Wood till now has been great - saw that Sheraton Bilbao is not on the list yet : truly amazing (very modern) hotel, great food, ... (Palace in Madrid & AlfonsoXIII in Seville : fully agree to have those on the list !)

Germany:
Have received great service at all times, from 4P to LC properties (& getting close to experiencing all German properties for that matter).
Special notes for Elephant in Weimar and LM in München : worth a detour !!! (LM Cologne booked ... sounds as if that one could match those two)

France:
Prince de Galles is great, albeit a bit expensive. 4P Nice is probably one of the lesser hotels I've had with *Wood Europe

Netherlands:
Westin Rotterdam - great service, love the modern style. Pulitzer a bit over-rated but definitely special in terms of atmosphere (haven't had stays at LM properties yet)

Finland:
Kämp ... LC hotel in the true sense of luxury ... a bit out of the way for a detour though :-)

Italy:
Venetian properties all great, same for Florence. In Rome would prefer the Westin (didn't have enough grey hair for being taken seriously at the St Regis I think )).
Milan has been a while but wasn't overly impressed at the time.
LM at Fiuggi : great hotel as well (was there before the merger)

Austria:
Vienna - haven't been to LM yet, would prefer Imperial over Bristol any time (both are "old world luxury", but somehow far better match with 21st century at the Imperial)

UK:
probably not entirely in line with the sense of this post, but Sheraton Belgravia is still my best price/quality choice for London

Ireland - no comment needed, Westin Dublin is indeed a great hotel

Belgium: Sheraton Brussels is a high-class hotel ... wouldn't make a detour for it though

Greece: impeccable stays at Grande Bretagne

Portugal: only stay was at Sheraton Lisbon ... let's put it this way: I understand the hotel is being renovated now ... good decision to do so

Sweden: nothing special for a "detour", but Sheraton Stockholm is a very good hotel service-wise