FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's Permissible In Carry-On and Checked Luggage?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 9:55 am
shawbridge

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Thanks FWAAA. I haven't flown since 8/10, but have Mexico City, Dubai, London and Denver, and BWI coming up in short order.

I can't think of any alternative to either shaving cream or toothpaste that can be carried on and is functional. Am I missing something obvious? If not, are the choices:

1. Check my bag? (hate to do this as I have short trips with little possibility to recover if my clothes get lost);
2. Stop at a drugstore when I arrive? [On at least one of the international trips, I'll be picked up at the aiport by high-level folks in Mexico at least, and won't easily be able to stop at a drug store on the way.]
3. Purchase at duty free? I read that you can now take on stuff you purchase at duty free, but is that universal and do have duty-free shops figured out that they can make a fortune on shaving cream and toothpaste?
4. Take my clothes on board but check a small bag with toothpaste and shaving cream?

What are people doing to cope with the regulatory change?

Last edited by shawbridge; Aug 19, 2006 at 9:56 am Reason: proper puncuation